Friday, July 22, 2005
Puppy Therapy is the Best Therapy



My eldest son has a zoo. He certainly doesn’t get it from me. We merely have one dog, 10,000 mosquitoes and a couple of wild rabbits that live under our shed in the back yard. He has tons of fish, a pit bull, a rabbit, a hamster and did have a bearded dragon lizard (but it recently passed away). And now he has a little puppy. I would normally nag at him for getting yet another pet for his zoo, but this was a …puppy. He brought her over yesterday and I held her for 30 minutes, just cuddling. It was as peaceful as holding a newborn baby and if you’ve ever held a newborn baby r a puppy or even a kitten then you know exactly what I am talking about. Her name is Chloe and she is the sweetest little thing. Her mother is a pit bull and her father is a shar-pei. I am sure I am spelling that wrong, but you get the idea. Our dog was under the mistaken impression that Chloe was a little pet for him. I don’t think Chloe liked being sniffed by our big galoof.




Then G-man came home from work. I started out by saying “I love you. If someone gives you a present you can’t return it right? Look what we got.” And you know what he said “Oh how cute”. Damn! I could have gotten away with getting a puppy. Shit! Then G-man held Chloe and didn’t want to let her go. He got that peaceful baby holding feeling too. Isn’t she the sweetest little puppy? Of course Lil Miss (my eldest’s 5 year old daughter) is totally in love with her new puppy. She is the one who named her. I’ll have to get some pictures of her this weekend with Chloe.

On other news I made it through the night last night. I just hope Sonny Boy made it through okay as well. I had to take a nerve pill last night. I am doing rather good on the nerve pills though. I have a bottle of 30 and I have only taken maybe 4 out of the whole bottle and I have had them a month or longer. So I am doing okay I think, at least for now. If I get too stressed out I will just go over to the eldest’s and borrow Chloe for awhile. Puppy therapy is all you need.

I have had a lot of news this morning and I am sitting on pins and needles to see how this all plays out today. I have high hopes. God had BETTER be back from vacation! Don’t let me down God, I am counting on you.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 12:11 PM | Permalink |