Monday, July 18, 2005
My Lucky Monday


This has certainly been an eventful Monday. I am going to start off with my happiest news first. I WON!!!! I don’t know if you have ever been on Conversations About Famous People, but it’s a great site. Very entertaining. And Distressed Jeans interviews writers each week and then picks a winner to send the book to. Guess who won Bitch Posse by Martha O’Connor this week? I am so excited! I don’t normally win things, believe me. This is great!

My other news is Sonny Boy. We got an extradition date today on when he will be flying back to that nasty state. They did say that I can pick him up and drive him to the airport so he doesn’t have to be handcuffed and led away by a Sheriff. That’s a small blessing. And also that way I can stuff him full of food while in the airport and possibly pack him a lunch box full of food for the flight since the flight is about 1 ½ hours. Heck, it may even be a 2 hour flight. He might starve in that amount of time. Maybe I’d better pack two lunch boxes. So this week will be spent getting him ready for the trip and getting all of our ducks lined up if you know what I mean. Lots to do, lots to do.

I got my stomach stitches out this morning. For those who don’t know about my health concern, I had a growth thingy on my stomach that they thought was cancer. I had it removed and they had to do stitches on my poor tummy a couple of weeks ago. Great news, it’s not cancer. It is pre-cancerous cells. He called it carcinoma. There was a thing on my leg too. That also is not cancer, but it is infected. Boo-hoo. I survived getting the stitches out, but I don’t know about surviving meeting his new nurse. His other one went back to school which is odd since she just graduated nursing school 2 years ago. The new one is about 22 and … well…. I can see why he hired her and it’s not for her medical talent. She couldn’t find my blood pressure. She tried taking it 3 times and finally gave up. I could have told her that the cuff probably has to be tight on the arm instead of falling off in order to take blood pressure, but I didn’t. The doc was all excited about her though. He said “I think she is going to work out great. She is young and energetic.” Yeah, and she is dumb as a doorknob too doc, but as long as she is stacked she will work out just fine.

And speaking of dumb, what is one of the dumbest things a child could do to their mother. Pull up on his motorcycle with no helmet on. What the hell? My eldest came over for dinner tonight and was on his motorcycle. That is stupid on 3 counts. The main one being that the nitwit wasn’t wearing a helmet. You hear on the news all of the time about people dying because their head hits the pavement and they weren’t wearing a helmet. Don’t I have enough to worry about? The 2nd dumb thing is it was getting ready to rain. In fact when he left it did start raining. And the 3rd dumb thing is he had no room on the motorcycle to put the blueberry cobbler I made for him or to put the new clothes I bought for Lil Miss today. Stupid kids! Trying to put me in an early grave they are. Kids…. Sheesh…. Wear a damned helmet!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:37 PM | Permalink |