
Hooray, it’s Harry Potter day! I have waiting impatiently for 2 years for this day, ever since the release of book 5 in July 2003. I almost went out last night at midnight to buy the book, but sense prevailed and I didn’t. Well, I mentioned it to G-man at 11:50pm last night and he said “it’s late, you don’t want to go out this late, we’ll go in the morning”. So I didn’t go last night. This morning I lament the fact that I didn’t get it last night and G-man says “You should have gone out last night and picked it up if you wanted to”. What? Aren’t you the one who discouraged me? But like he said, “Since when do you ever listen to anything I say?” Good point.
Anyway, I did pick up the book at 11:00am today. I get home and dive right into it. If you’ve ever read a Harry Potter book you know that it picks up at the end of summer and it mentions several events from the school year previous before it gets into the meat of this school year. So I hit chapter 4 (I’m a fast reader) and I decide that it would be a cool thing to stop reading Book 6 and go back and read book 5 again, then read book 6. That way year 5 will be fresh in my memory. So now I am already in chapter 6 of book 5. I am such a fast reader that it makes me mad. I would prefer to take my time with a book and draw it out instead of having it over so quickly. I am one of those people that really get lost in a book. I love to read. So going back and reading book 5 is a perfect way for me to draw the experience of book 6 out a bit further. Either way I will have both books read by Wednesday I am sure, if not Monday. And if G-man keeps on doing the dishes I’ll have both books read by tomorrow!

It’s an ick rainy day and promises to be an ick rainy weekend and upcoming week. I am beginning to think we may have 40 days and nights of this rain. There are flood warnings all over the city. The bad part is my eldest lives in one of the areas of the city by the White River that floods every summer. Trust him to buy a house in a flood zone. At least we aren’t getting ready to be hit by a category 4 hurricane like Mark. I heard on CNN that Emily is supposed to hit the Caymans sometime this evening. Hunker down Mark, we are praying for your safety. Be sure to post when you can so we know you are safe.
We didn’t go and see Sonny Boy at the youth center today. We normally do on Saturdays but his sister went this morning so we are going to visit him tomorrow. I truly wish all of this mess were over. I just can’t get over the injustice of it all. Lets see, your father beats the living shit out of you for years, you finally run away to your mother and you get locked up for running away. Wonderful system. How dare you run away from someone trying to whip your ass. We realized the other day that he has been in there for 45 days now. I don’t think he has any hopes of getting out of there before school starts. First he has to be extradited to that other state and the hearing will be in 30 days after extradition. School starts in less than 30 days. And this would be his senior year. I hate the damned system, I hate it. And I hope his father rots in hell for all of the damage he has done to this child. Karma must be finally catching up to him now since he is losing his vehicle and he can’t get a job. Well, he is a bum after all. Rot in hell you bum!
Remember our toilet seat problems from the other day and how we had to purchase a new toilet seat? I’m sorry we were so quick to purchase a new seat because my friend emailed me a picture of the coolest toilet seat and now I want that one! Well, maybe it wouldn’t be such a good idea to get that one as I would feel like I was being watched. What do you think? Heh heh.





