Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Dodging A Speeding Bullet


We dodged a speeding bullet yesterday in court. I was certain they were going to put Sonny Boy in lockup to await extradition but they didn’t. They just wanted to formalize the extradition. We still don’t know when they will take him. No-one here seems to know because that shitty state Maryland won’t divulge that information. I hate that damn state. By all rights he should have been put in lockup, but the judge saw the situation for what it was and showed mercy by allowing him to stay in the youth center. The game is intensifying though. I hate this game. It’s going to suck when it moves to Maryland. Then we have to fight it long distance. I prefer having the home-court advantage. (Not that it ever did anything for the Pacers).

Tomorrow I get to pick Sonny Boy up for the afternoon and take him out of there for awhile. Part of me feels so sorry for him but the other part wants to spank him and send him to his room for being so damned stupid as to going back to his fathers in the first place. Why the hell would you want to go back to someone who beats you? Plain stupid.

I think I finally woke up at 2:30 this afternoon. I took a nerve pill last night and boy do they knock me out. I can’t take that garbage. I don’t think I would make a good drug addict. I actually got up at 8:00am, but I sat on the sofa to drink my coffee and the next thing I know I am waking up and it is 10am. So I go back for coffee #2 and once again I wake up with the coffee undrank and it is 11am. I force myself to piddle around a bit and then I sit at the computer and slept for 30 minutes sitting up in the computer chair. So I go back to the sofa and once again slept sitting up until 2:30. No more nerve pills for me.

Today is new release Tuesday at the video store. Million Dollar Baby came out today. I have absolutely no interest in seeing that movie but I rented it anyway. After all it did win all of those awards. So maybe it won’t be so….yawn…. bad after all. I may groan, but some of the best movies I have seen are ones that I had no interest in seeing and only rented because I thought G-man would like them.

I am supposed to be in the kitchen now cooking up some dinner for my man. You know what? Screw it. I officially declare this as pizza night. It’s been a rough day sleeping all day. You don’t know how hard that is! Anyway, after last night I figure he owes me. I cooked up all of the dinner last night except the chicken. I marinated the chicken in a sauce of soy and sesame oil with a touch of ginger. G-man comes in and he wants to sear the chicken in the pan. What dude wants, dude gets. So the next thing I know it is an hour later and he is still in the kitchen doing a sauté on the chicken. For shit sake! How frigging long does it take to sauté some chicken breasts. 15 minutes tops I would say. He finally finishes it but then tries to make a black bean/soy/wine sauce to serve over the chicken, which took him an additional 30 minutes. I like to call it Black Death. And death it was. It looked like tar and tasted like an over salted sardine. It gave nasty a whole new definition. So lets get this in perspective. Dinner is ready when he arrives home from work, with the exception of taking 15 minutes to either broil or sauté a couple of chicken breasts. It took him 1 ½ hours to do the chicken, and he used at least half of all of the utensils and dishes I own. He uses ALOT of dishes when he cooks. Is it any wonder I am ordering pizza tonight?

And hey, what about that new hurricane? Hurricane Emily. I saw Sylvia Brown on the Montel show in January and she said that this would be a more active hurricane season than last year and that Florida would get hit really hard this year. She also said a couple of other states would get hit really hard as well but I don’t remember the names of those states. I’ll tell you what, those nasty hurricanes better leave my Key West alone or I am going to be really pissed off! We made plans in February to spend Christmas there again this year and we even have friends that are planning on going with us this time. So if Key West gets blown into the ocean because of a bloody hurricane I am going to be really pissed! Surely Santa wouldn’t let that happen.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:42 PM | Permalink |