
G-man and I usually go out for dinner every Friday night. It is our “date-night”. Sometimes we will go somewhere nice and other times we will hit a dive. Tonight we had a first. The G-man took me to a truck-stop for dinner. At first I was a little concerned because come-on, what they say about truck-stops are usually true. But after we got there and I got into the people watching aspect of it we had a blast. It was a real adventure. Not one I would want to repeat every Friday night, but it was fun. We saw quite a few characters at the truck stop. I am talking out and out freaks. It was so cool! I wish I had the nerve to take a picture of some of them but I don’t think they would have been cool about having their picture taken.

There was a Popeye’s Fried Chicken at the truck stop along with a couple of greasy-spoon diners. We decided to eat at the Popeye’s. We love their chicken, biscuits and red beans and rice. We don’t have a Popeye’s in our neck of the woods though so any chance we can get to eat at one is all right by us.

After dinner we took the scenic route home. We came across a wrecked car lot with a neat sign and some scary looking wrecked cars out front. I couldn’t resist taking some pictures. That’s one wicked looking wrecked car. I can’t imagine anyone surviving an accident like that. How sad. And while I am taking the pictures it suddenly occurred to us that this is the final resting place of my daughters first car. We had totally forgotten about that. We had brief notions of hopping the fence and looking for it but we aren’t fond of being chased by Dobermans.

After the wrecked car place we are driving, driving and driving some more. I mean we were way out in the boondocks. We may have even gotten lost a time or two (not that G-man would ever admit to it though). All of a sudden I happened to see a Cock by the side of the road. It was a big cock. It was a big brown cock. We had to turn around so I could take a picture of it. I knew you would want to see a big brown cock too, so here you go…. Enjoy!

My entire day didn’t consist of eating fried chicken and looking at big brown cocks. I did do other stuff. I picked Sonny Boy up this afternoon and took him out for a haircut. He got a nice normal looking haircut and it looks very nice. I say a “normal” haircut because he used to get …ahem…different hairdo’s. There was the time he had a Mohawk. Then there was the blue hair, which I sort of liked. Then the green hair, the red hair, the white hair, the blonde hair and the purple hair. Blue hair really did suit him. And he had the blue hair on his 16th birthday which is 2 days before July 4th so he was very patriotic looking that year.
After the haircut we went into a dollar store next to the haircut place. A big mistake. Sometimes when you go into a snobby section of town you will notice that parents let their kids run wild because they are afraid to tell them no. Yet if you go into the hood you find that parents make their children behave in a store. Go figure? I think I’d better do all of my shopping in the hood from now on. Ms. Moneybags had a pair of twins that were perhaps 3 years old. They were flat out and out running through the store as fast as they could. They were knocking down store displays and knocking down people and Ms Moneybags saw it all but merely smiled at her cute little twins. Boys will be boys and we don’t want to stunt their emotional development after all. The little turds ran into my back. No big deal and I said loudly to Sonny Boy (in front of their mother) they need to stop running into people before someone gets hurt – if they run into my stomach where I’ve got the stitches there is going to be hell to pay”. Don’t you know 10 seconds later the little turds did just that. One of them plowed full force into my stomach right where the stitches are. I yelped in pain, and it was painful. Ms Moneybags said not a word to them even though she saw the whole thing. That was it, I went off on her. I said loudly “Miss could you control your sons, I have stitches in my stomach and they just ran into them and probably broke them open. You HAVE to make them behave and stop running in the store”. Her mouth flew open and she got this confused look on her face like the thought of telling them to stop running had never occurred to her. And she tells them “You go apologize to the lady right now”. And she keeps telling them this. They totally ignored her and kept on running through the store. Sonny Boy and I just shook our heads and left. And this is the future of our country? We’re fucked!




