
I don’t believe it, the rains finally stopped. It’s a good thing too because the dog was about to explode. He is not a normal dog, he thinks he will melt if he gets wet. Yesterday morning before the rains really started for the day he went outside to pee. He refused to go out the rest of the day because it was stormy all day and night. So that nit-wit dog held it for 24 hours. At least he didn’t go in the house. Now that is some potty training!
I took advantage of the brief break in cloud cover today to snap some pictures of my greenery before it floats away. The picture above is a mothers day plant that my eldest gave me a couple of years ago. I planted it in one of the beds in front of the house. Odd but I always thought it bloomed purple. This year it bloomed pink, so I’m not sure if my memory is bad or if this thing is morphing colors as it gets older. Odd. The picture below is the wildflowers I planted in one of the beds that surround the back patio. It mainly looks like a bunch of weeds with a little touch of color.

At last but not least is the zucchini plant that took over the world but didn’t grow any zucchinis. Well, actually I did get 2 tiny ones off of it this week. I hope it produces some more because they were the absolute best zucchini I have ever eaten. Nothing beats a homegrown veggie as far as I am concerned. Even if it is grown in your flower garden.

This afternoon we are off to see Sonny Boy. I am taking him some sour patch kids and a mountain dew. What a nasty combination. It’s a combination he asked for though. Is he trying to make himself sick so he can have a vacation in the hospital? Actually we aren’t allowed to take him anything to eat or drink but I sneak it in anyway. I have a Jewish Mother reputation to keep up you know, even if I’m not Jewish. Well, my brother in law is Jewish so that has to count for something. The Jewish brother in law thing is a whole story in itself. I’ll have to tell you the story of my terrorist brother in law with the hemorrhoids some day when I have bloggers-block. It’s a doozy!
And now I have 30 minutes to read some Harry Potter before we have to hit the open road. The youth center is about 30 minutes from our house (or 20 if I drive). You can imagine what all of this driving up and there and back is doing to our gas budget. And to make matters worse our main vehicle is a huge gas guzzling SUV. Cha-ching, cha-ching. They love seeing us pull up at the gas pumps. Here some those suckers I mean customers.




