Thursday, June 09, 2005
Let’s Party Like It’s 1999


I got the coolest postcard in the mail yesterday. Seems a certain someone went to Legoland and had a fab time. Hard to believe that the scene in the above pic is made out of legos. How cool is that! My daughter went to Legoland in or near Hilton Head Island a few years ago. She brought some pretty neat pictures back from her trip. I swear M and P get to have all the fun. That’s it, G-man and I are going to move to Germany. Anyway, thanks for the postcard M and P, it is soooo appreciated. Anything that puts a smile on my face is welcome these days (except hillbilly pets).



This morning was the dreaded Adenosine Stress Test with Nuclear Imaging. Look at the tiny little room you have to undress in. I got the pleasure of having to put on a backless nightie and another night s a robe. What does having a stress test mean? Getting up at 6am to be at the hospital by 7am, no food or coffee, five hours of sitting around a Heart Hospital getting stuck with needles, shot up with horrid meds that make your body think it is doing strenuous exercise and getting pictures take of the heart.



Then they sent me straight to the heart doctors office to have him tell me the results. Now that freaked me out, because why would they be so insistent that you find out the results right then and there? Diagnosis – EXCELLENT! I worried for nothing. Finally some good news in my life. The bad news is the test did confirm that I will be a member of the zipper club sometime in 2006 or 2007 because of my aortic stenosis. But at least I have a year or two to party like it’s 1999! (You are humming that song now aren’t you? Good, my plan worked.) Let’s Party Like It’s 1999, uh huh, uh huh...

While I was in the heart hospital getting tested, a certain ass-wipe called my cell phone 9 times, paged me 12 times, left 3 messages on the cell phone and called the home phone 2 times and left messages. He is back to pretending that he is going to be the hero and try to get Sonny boy released to us. And he had a new “plan” to do this. I didn’t even bother taking his calls. It was also obvious in the messages that he was stoned out of his pea-brain mind. G-man called Sonny boys attorney and it seems that ass-wipe has been calling him today as well. The attorney thinks ass-wipe is frigging nuts (well no shit Sherlock) and he is getting fed up with it. He asks us why ass-wipe can’t stay consistent for 1 day much less 1 hour. Hey, don’t ask us, that’s why we moved to the Midwest, just to get away from ass-wipe.



This afternoon we met with Sonny boy and the youth center therapist so we could tell him what has been going on and what his father is doing. He got VERY upset. He started screaming and yelling the F word and you know, I can’t blame him. It was not a pleasant conversation. He finally calmed down though and we formulated a plan of attack as best we could. Later after we left G-man called ass-wipe. He sounded a little more in control then. I guess the drugs were wearing off. Ass-wipe said that he is telling the police that he found the stuff Sonny boy sent to the pawn shop and that the charges need to be dropped now. His main concern though was what kind of medical insurance we have because he wants to make certain the Sonny boy can get his bi-polar meds while he is with us. WTF?! Oh yes, it seems that ass-wipe is self diagnosing Sonny boy again and now claims Sonny boy is bipolar. He had made those allegations in August 2003 when Sonny boy first came to live with us and all of the doctors I took him to here said there is no way that child is bipolar. Ass-wipe is such a retard. I mean you have a county run youth center that has therapists that won’t answer their phone when they see his number pop up. You have his own son’s attorney who won’t take his calls anymore because he is so sick of the turd. And even the probation officer is fed up with him and refuses to call him back anymore. He is really making a name for himself in this state. I am so happy about that because in 92 when I was going through my divorce and he was doing these sort of things to me everyone told me I was the crazy one and that ass-wipe was a saint and he was just concerned about me. The only people that were there for me were Jules, my friend Gunter and my grandmother, and later on after I met him G-man and his family. Thank God for those people. Enough of that subject though. Onto happier things.

I hooked my DSL stuff up yesterday afternoon and it all went quite well, except… it doesn’t work yet. It won’t be turned on until Monday. ((sob…)) How can I wait that long? It will be so hard. Makes you wonder how I ever survived with dial-up service all these years. Hey, sometimes I have the patience of a saint. And you need to have the patience of a saint when you are trying to download on a dial-up connection. But you should stop and realize that 8 of those years were free dial-up service and that’s why I stayed with dial-up connection for so long. Just one of the perks of working for a software company.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:37 PM | Permalink |