Wednesday, June 15, 2005
I have My Head up my Butt Today


Ever have one of those days when you feel like your head is up your butt? I am defiantly having one of those days today. Here I sit with a high speed internet that I can’t use because of the nasty adware malware that has infected my computer. Thanks a lot Foo Fighters! I got rid of the viruses and Trojans. But the adware is a bloody beast. Not to toot my own horn (toot-toot) but I am a computer savvy person. I went through the Microsoft classes and have an MCP in Win2000 operating systems, along with a host of other computer type certifications and credentials. So I should be able to beat this adware crud. And I can. However, it is a long and tedious process.

Soooooo….I have made a decision. Tomorrow I am going to reformat my PC. Yes, that means I am going to wipe it clean and everything I currently have on my pc will be lost. Unless I have the good sense to back it up on CD that is. And then after the formatting I will have to spend several hours restoring programs and files and such. Can you imagine how pissed off I am about this? I used to enjoy a good virus and had a blast getting rid of them step by step. I am one of those odd people that enjoy that sort of thing. I…am…a…geek. Don’t tell anyone. I try to keep it a secret.

I must say though, I am not enjoying this malware. I hope I never get anything like this ever again. What a bloody nasty beast. There is a class action suit against the company that created and distributed this nasty adware program that unknowingly installs itself to your PC and does all sort of nasty things to it. I mean nasty nasty things. You know, had it been a teenager that created this program they would be locked up and the key thrown away. But because it is a large corporation they call it a business decision. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. Oooohhhh I am sooooo mad!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 3:19 PM | Permalink |