Saturday, May 21, 2005
The Powers Of A Full Moon


Last night G-man and I ended up going to the BBQ contest after all. We saw some old BBQ friends and it was so nice to reconnect. While at the contest G-man happened to mention that he is thinking about changing our BBQ team name. Keep in mind we have bottles of BBQ sauce with our BBQ team name on it, a banner, history, etc. I think that might be kind of cool to have a new name though. Then I could put up a new website without the ex (aka ass-wipe) finding me and following our every move. It also means that I will get to design a new logo. Hurray! I love that part of the process. I love designing logos and BBQ sauce labels and such. I am not going to mention the new name we are thinking of yet. We need to register it in the BBQ Team Names database first or we run the danger of having someone snatch it out from underneath us. Yes, they do that.

We met some interesting guys from Canada last night from The Dizzy Pig team. They were talking about a contest they had recently won and it turns out it was in our hometown in Maryland. What are the odds of that? What a small world. They cook their chicken on a Big Green Egg and the pork and beef goes on this huge rig that one of the guys made. I wish I had my camera with me last night because this rig was awesome. It even had cooler compartments in the front of it and pig figurines on the mast. It was bloody huge too.

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/


On the Sonny Boy news, there is news but I can’t share it for safety concerns. I will say this, he is safe right now. I don’t know how this will end up but for the moment he is safe after a harrowing night. I may have been duped but I did what I had to do. If I hadn’t helped I couldn’t have lived with myself. Thank God for people who go out of their way to help others. There aren’t that many people out there like that. And you know, if it were me and someone was wanting me to do something like certain people did last night, I don’t know that I could have or would have done it for someone else’s child. And that shames me. I don’t know if that makes me a bad person or merely a realistic person. In this whole mess I do need to follow our therapists advice and not lose myself.

I don’t know where this is going to go from here. G-man had to work this morning and when he gets home in 45 minutes I have the daunting task of telling him what has occurred last night and this morning. I do not look forward to that conversation. I can only hope that he will support me in this but I am not sure he will. He is concerned for my emotional safety. And actually our physical safety as well. He will be coming home from work thinking that he is going to have a stress free day and trot off to the BBQ contest this afternoon in time for the judging results. And I have to tell him that if he goes he’ll have to go alone because I have to see this thing through with Sonny Boy. Of all of the times for this to happen this is the worst weekend of all.

I figured out why all of this craziness is occurring right now. It is almost a full moon. I swear to you that crazy things happen on a full moon. I have personally witnessed such events. My mom will even back that up as she was a witness once when Lil Miss’s mom went nuts on a night that had a full moon. I think it is even a proven fact that hospitals fill up on full moon nights. I hate full moons.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 4:06 PM | Permalink |