Saturday, May 14, 2005
An Exciting Roadtrip


Rain rain go away, G-man and Daisy Mae want to play. Well, the rain wasn’t leavin’ so we did. Yup, Road Trip! Just a mini one. We jumped in the Mountaineer and headed off to Berne. A small town on the Ohio/Indiana border. A town full of exciting things to do. Yup, just full of exciting things to do. Yup….full of…things…. Lotsa things….

We conveniently get there at lunch time and decide to stop at a Swiss restaurant that we had passed. I am still wondering where the Swiss food is because it wasn’t on that menu. I decide to get a big meal and order the chicken dinner (a bargain at $5.25). Don’t ask how it was, you don’t want to know. Greg isn’t as adventurous as me and he gets a cheeseburger and fries. I’m not sure what Max got but he did end up getting a piece of pie for dessert. Who’s Max? He was the 110 year old man sitting in the booth behind us. He was facing me so he felt it his duty to tell me how he felt about “Goddamned teenagers”. The of the GD teenagers being his very nice and polite waitress. She even sat down in his booth for a few minutes asking him how he was doing. “How the hell do you think I am with this GD rain?” I have a feeling his bark is a lot worse than his bite though.

After eating I went into the bathroom. I regret not taking my camera with me. To begin with the door to the ladies room is glass and cracked glass at that. In the room itself? (snicker) There was toilet in a stall and around the stall (for privacy) was a shower curtain. The shower curtain wouldn’t even shut all the way across the stall so there was no privacy there. I asked G-man to check out the men’s room and he came back laughing. Pitiful I tell you, just pitiful.



Then we go to check out the sites in town. All 2 blocks of town. Wow, a Family Dollar store and a bank and even a feed store. Does it get any better than this? Oh the excitement. Actually the cool thing was that all of the stores were made to look like a Swiss Chalet. So we headed out of town and came across “Amishville”. That consisted of a petting zoo, a gift shop and an Amish house you could tour. It was actually kind of cool. So I snapped some pictures of the residents. You should have seen the Amish quilts in the gift shop. OMG! Beautiful and all completely hand sewn.



After a highly exciting, yet rainy day we get home and decide to just order a pizza and relax over a movie. We watched In Good Company. It was an okay movie. Not Oscar material or anything, but it was okay. Oh, we watched Life Aquatic on Friday night. That was a weird movie and I didn’t like the ending. But the movie captured my attention through-out the entire movie so I guess that makes it a good movie. Yawn, what an exciting day. Aren’t you glad you ventured onto my exciting blog today?

 
posted by Daisy Mae at 4:22 PM | Permalink |