Tuesday, April 26, 2005
An Unwelcome Visitor


We had an unwelcome visitor yesterday afternoon. I heard G-man come home from work, but 5 minutes had passed and he still hadn’t come through the front door. I wondered what was wrong. So I look out the front window and I see him in the driveway by our maple tree with a stick. He is lunging with the stick and then jumping away. An odd dance of sorts. I went out to investigate. He saw me and told me I would probably want to go back in the house. Then I understood. SNAKE! AAGGHHHH!!!! He was poking at the snake and the snake was attacking the stick. It was like something you would see on Animal Planet. Every time the snake would rear up and attack the stick I would scream and jump back. I kept screaming KILL IT! But G-man refused to. He said it was only a garden snake and wouldn’t hurt anyone. Well it was trying to hurt that stick! Neighbors came out of their house to see what all of the creaming as about. That’s how loud I was. But you know, I didn’t see them coming over to help and any other time they would. Pack of chickens. Yeah, I know … people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Eventually G-man got a shovel and picked the snake up and moved it to the yard of the empty rental house across the street. I guess whom ever rents that house will have a nasty little surprise. I am afraid the snake will come back over here. I am so afraid of them. I can’t even watch them on TV. I’ll probably never go outside again. So much for any gardening this year. Daisy Mae is house-bound!



Have you ever seen that show called How Clean IS Your House? I think it might come on the Lifetime channel. You have these 2 ladies from England, Aggie and Kim, that go into people’s homes and teach them how to clean. Then they bring a cleaning crew in to finish the cleaning. It was on last night and I watched 2 back-to-back episodes. It was so horrible that I couldn’t even do any nighttime snacking. The first house, which was inhabited by 4 punk rockers, had cockroaches crawling all over the place. They knocked this one thing off of the wall in the kitchen and about 100 of those nasty things started crawling all over the wall. I would have condemned the place. It was so nasty. And in the 2nd episode the dirty man had mice in his apartment because of all of the junk and filth he had lying around. He hadn’t cleaned in 7 years. It’s hard for me to watch that show, it’s just too graphic. It takes a strong stomach to be able to watch it.

I went to my back doctor yesterday. This is what really pisses me off. He is a back surgeon so the people who come to see him have horrible pain in their backs. It hurts your back worse to sit for a prolonged period of time. I get there at 2:15 for my 2:30 appointment. He doesn’t see me until 4:30. A full 2 ¼ hours past my appointment time. No apology, not even an acknowledgement of how long he kept me waiting. Man was I pissed. He wants to have me fitted for a back brace. He agrees with my family physician now that the re-do of the spinal fusion should not be done because I am such a high risk patient. (Brittle diabetes and recurrent pancreatitis). And apparently the back is getting worse. New nerves are being pinched, causing pain up the length of the spinal cord at times, in addition to the pain that shoots down the legs. So his answer to this is a back brace. I can tell you I will probably not wear a back brace. That sounds like a nightmare.

Deb the Holy Roller faith healing neighbor came over yesterday afternoon when I finally got back from the doctor. Each time she comes over I learn more and more about her and her family. It’s frightening actually. Seems that her 19 (almost 20) year old son, that just graduated last week from nigh school, was court ordered into counseling at age 17 for one year. They did not, and still don’t, have health insurance, so it was all out of pocket. They had to pay the counselor $85 a week for a year. A grand total of $4,420. I wonder if her mother paid for that one. I am thinking not. I told her what is happening with Sonny Boy and she prayed for him. Little did I know that he really needed that prayer.

After Deb left I called my oldest son and asked him to call Sonny Boy and have him call me. It seems that when Sonny Boy called here Saturday night and we didn’t answer the phone he called my eldest son. Keep in mind that we had gone out to dinner so we weren’t here to answer the damned phone. Sonny Boy asked him if we were avoiding him. He said “They probably are, you can’t blame them can you?” So Sonny Boy thinks that we don’t want to talk to him. That would explain the email that I got from ass-wipe saying that I need to stop avoiding Sonny Boy’s calls.

I berated my eldest and told him that he was wrong and how could he say that to Sonny Boy. I told him to call Sonny Boy immediately and tell him he was wrong and that I do want to talk to him. He said he couldn’t and that it was too late. I asked what he meant. He said that ass-wipe called him on Sunday and said that Sonny Boy was so upset over me not wanting to talk to him that he was being belligerent and talking back to ass-wipe so he was going to take him to the mental hospital on Monday morning and have him put away again and this time for good. And … he … did….. I feel like shit. I am so upset that I can’t even put it into words. I told my eldest that he’d better call ass-wipe ASAP and tell him to tell Sonny Boy the truth about the phone call. And I emailed ass-wipe and told him the truth about why the phone wasn’t answered and I asked him to tell Sonny Boy that I do want to talk to him and to have Sonny Boy call me. I think it is too late. How am I going to be able to live with myself? This is a mother’s nightmare.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:06 PM | Permalink |