
I have a new term of endearment, presented to me by my own G Bear. It is Swoney. Tonight he was talking to me and apparently couldn’t decide whether to call me Sweetheart or Honey so it came out Swoney. I like it. I can add it to the list of memorable names we have called each other over the past 11 years. Herman - Gwen – Curly Toes – Captain Cave Man – T-Bear – G-Bear - Dumpin (short for dumpling) – Puddin – Snuggle Bunny, etc, etc. I know, too much information. Oh well, deal with it.
I’m sick AGAIN. And I am pissed off about it. A new illness this time, but actually an old enemy. I get weird cold sores a couple of times a year. At least I would call them cold sores. Basically my lips dry out and the corner of my mouth cracks and bleeds and it hurts for a few days. That’s it, no big thing. A little bit of Chap Stick and it goes away in a couple of days. In Feb 2002 I got the same cold sore (aka cracked lip) but the day after it appeared the entire left side of my face swelled. By that night the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck felt like there was a large very hard golf ball in it. It took 2 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the swollen lymph nodes as they had become infected. But still I was sick, sick and sicker. Most of 2002 was spent in doctor’s offices or the hospital and the next thing you know I am a brittle diabetic and have recurrent pancreatitis. So whenever I get dry cracked lips I get scared.

My lip cracked again on Sunday. And yesterday (Monday) the lymph nodes in the left side of my neck became painfully swollen. Now here it is Tuesday and my entire left side of the face and neck is swollen and painful, including my left eye this time. I have golf balls in my neck and chin, or at least that’s what it feels like. You can visibly see the golf ball sized lumps in my neck lymph nodes from across the room. So I spent my afternoon at the doctors getting dosed up. The only good thing about this was I was not here when my holy roller faith healer” neighbor came over. The bad part about it? She nabbed me when I got home.
Yes, I didn’t even get in the door. I get out of the car and I see her, across the street, step around the side of her minivan, like she had been hiding there, laying in wait for me to come home. SHIT! So she starts coming over and hollers “Want some company?” I start walking towards her and holler back “I’m contagious, you may not want to come over”. (Yes, I lied to a Christian) I meet her in the middle of the street and I try to explain to her that I have pink eye and am highly contagious. (I don’t have pink eye but I hoped that would scare her away) She didn’t care. So I tell her I am feeling very sick and need to go home and take meds and lay down with an ice pack on my face (that part was true). She didn’t care. So she chews my ear off for 20 minutes in the middle of the street and then lays hands on me and prays for my “pink eye” in the middle of the street. Good grief. Can’t this woman take no for an answer? Her pushiness is getting to be a problem. I can see myself hiding from her all summer. It will be a long spring and summer. I think I’d better go back to work.
Oh, by the way, I found out where I got the “trots” from. And yes, it was a virus. Yup, got it from the holy roller faith healer neighbor. She had been over here the day before she left for Jamaica which was a couple of days before I left for California. When I was telling her about getting sick when I got back form Calif and thinking that I was getting these illnesses from the plane, she informed me that I had most likely gotten it from her. I was pissed then! I thought faith healers were supposed to heal people not make them sicker. WTF?!
We rented “Ladder 49” last night. It was a good movie, but not as good as I was expecting. Or maybe I just wasn’t in a movie mood. It did bring back some fond memories though. I bet you didn’t know that I did free lance photography in a former life, did you? And I further bet you didn’t know that I spent an entire 48 hour shift with Washington DC’s Engine company did you? One of the uber-most fond memories of my life.
Today I stopped by the video store and rented Sideways and Spanglish . We’ll probably wait until later in the week to see them, so if they suck let me know now before I waste my time trying to watch them.
On the weather-watch, spring is definitely here, but so are spring showers. We have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow and an even higher chance on Thursday. Don’t you just hate it when people talk about the weather in their blogs?!




