Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Is It Thursday Yet


Have you ever felt like it was a day later than it actually was? Come on, you know you have. I feel like today is Thursday and I just can’t shake that feeling. It just feels like a Thursday for some reason. Don’t ask me why. It makes no sense to me. I even went to the trouble of looking on the calendar and sure enough, it’s Wednesday. Oh well. Maybe it will feel more like Wednesday when I watch Showdog Moms and Dads tonight. I even have my mom hooked on this show now. They should put me on the payroll for promoting their show don’t you think?! I can hardly wait until it comes on tonight. I am really addicted to that show now. Now if I turn it on at 9pm tonight and find out that it really is Thursday after all, I’ll be so pissed!



We rented the video Lemony Snickets A Series Of Misfortunate Events last night. They warned us at the video store that it was weird. I think I like weird movies. I certainly enjoyed this one. I thought it was great! I’m not recommending this movie to everyone however, because you must like weird movies in order to like this one. It’s a dark comedy I suppose. But I absolutely loved it. I think I would like to read the series of books now.

I am still trying to rack my brain to come up with an anniversary present for the hubster. And it hit me. A good bottle of wine and some nice imported chocolates! Perfect idea right? He can drink the booze and I can eat the chocolates. A perfect world. Now I just hope he doesn’t read my blog and see this. He is pressuring me to give him an idea on what he can buy me for our anniversary. I have no thoughts on this whatsoever. I would give him a clue if I could but there is honestly nothing I can think of. He’s on his own on this on. Sorry G-man. Hey … maybe I can ask for the Lemony Snicket books? Okay, it’s a plan. Not exactly a romantic anniversary gift but certainly a desired one. If I get it is another matter altogether. G-man leans more towards giving sweet romantic girly gifts. But I like that too.

G-man’s mother sends him a happy wedding anniversary card every year on our wedding anniversary. In fact, this year’s card arrived today. I think it is weird. To me a wedding anniversary is for the couple to celebrate. Or in the case of parents and children, the children could give the parents a card. But to have your mother send you an anniversary card just seems odd to me. It’s kind of like taking your mother with you on your honeymoon. Oh wait, my brother did that, never mind. Yes he did … I’m not making that one up. He took his bride to Ocracoke Island North Carolina which is a cool isolated island near the Outer Banks. They called my mother and stepfather and asked them if they wanted to drive on down because they were bored. And they drove down and hung out with them for the rest of their honeymoon. We may not have taken G-man’s mother with us on our honeymoon, but she was hell bent on going where we went so she could experience what we have experienced. Yes, about a year after our honeymoon my mother in law and sister in law traced out steps and went everywhere we had gone on our honeymoon. It gave me a creepy stalked feeling. We had driven up to Niagara Falls Canada and then to Ontario, Vermont, Maine, Boston and finally Philadelphia. They traced all of our steps except Boston. I think I would feel better having my mother go with me on my honeymoon rather than having her retrace all of my steps like a stalker. What a creepy feeling.

G-man told me not to feed the baby bunnies in our back yard. Did I mention that there are twin bunnies back there? We thought it was only one at first, but later discovered that it is indeed 2 little gray bunnies. So G-man tells me that if I feed them it will ruin their survival instincts. I know he is right. They keep hanging around the storage shed and munching grass in the yard even when we are outside. They actually live underneath the storage shed. This is the first batch of bunnies we have had that are that amicable to co-existing with humans. I couldn’t help it, tonight when I was making dinner I slipped them some lettuce and cucumber. I’m not sure what bunnies eat actually. But I’m pretty sure the lettuce part is correct. How can I hurt their survival instincts with feeding them just once? I kept watching them from the window willing them to eat the lettuce before Greg came home and saw it. But it’s been over an hour and the rotten little buggers still haven’t eaten the darn lettuce. Bloody snobs. They keep eating the grass. G-man (who did catch me feeding them) said it is for the best that they are not eating the lettuce.

I haven’t heard anything today on the Sonny Boy situation. And I must admit my nerves are shot over the matter. When I get a bad case of nerves I have to do something with my hands to keep myself occupied. When I quit smoking in 2001 I put together jigsaw puzzles. I would put together a 500 piece puzzle in a night. It worked though and I haven’t gone back to smoking yet (don’t plan to either). When I was so upset about how Ian was treating me in January I started doing plastic needlepoint tissue box covers. I did 5 in a 4 week period. Now I am crocheting afghans. I just finished one and started on a new one last night. The new one is 1/5 done already. If only you could harness nervous energy. What a mighty resource that would be.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:02 PM | Permalink |