Saturday, April 23, 2005
Depressing Saturdays Get Me Down


My tulips have finally bloomed! Not a bad feat considering I planted them only 2 weeks ago. And one of my purple bushes is in bloom now although it is hard to see in this picture. If we would get some sunshine again then I could take a picture that would actually show the lovely purple booms. I think that is called an Azalea bush. It may be called a dead bush after today. It is snowing today. Hard to believe that it was 80 degrees at the beginning of the week. I am so sick of snow. We had to put a tarp over the vegetable plants so they wouldn’t die. I hope the survive this. G-man told me not to plant this early but who would have thought that we would get snow during spring. I mean, we aren’t Canada or anything.

Our 11th wedding anniversary is next Saturday. In honor of the event G-man is taking off on Friday and we are going to Chicago for the weekend. I am hoping for a fun weekend. I have no clue as to what to buy G-mangy Bear for our anniversary though. I would welcome any and all suggestions. It’s so hard to buy for a man for an anniversary or even Valentines Day. It’s so much easier to buy for a woman. Just get us something cute and glittery and we are happy. What the heck do you buy a guy though? I am really lost on this one. Last anniversary we spend the weekend at a lovely bed and breakfast in Nashville Indiana. I bought a few things from an adult store and gave to G-man for our anniversary. Oh, and chocolate. You can never go wrong with chocolate, right?! I just have no clue this year. HELP! What the heck do I buy him?

Hold on to your hats, I have a faith healer neighbor update. Her mom came through and fixed her mini-van for her. Can you believe it? A new engine couldn’t have been cheap. I think by this point her mom has put more into fixing the van up than what the van cost. And yet she claims how much she hates her mother and what a bad person her mother is. I think if someone bought me a house and a mini-van I would like them, not hate them. Where is all this Christian love I hear so much about. I guess that doesn’t have to carry over to family. Anyway, she has her van back now. It will be interesting to see how long she is able to drive it before something else goes up on this lemon. Something seems to break on it once a month. I may start a betting pool on when the next thing will break on her van.

Something happened today. Sonny Boy called my cell phone this afternoon. I saw the strange number come up on my cell phone and I didn’t answer it. He left a message saying, “I know it’s been a while since I’ve talked to you, but I think I’m ready to come home now. I’ll call you later.” So I call my eldest to find out what he knows about this. Here is what I found out. Ass-wipe (Ian’s father to those of you who don’t know what the official definition of an ass-wipe it), called my eldest this morning and basically said how sick he is of Sonny Boy. Seems that Sonny Boy has been skipping school (when did he have time to go to school in between drug arrests and being locked up in the looney bin) and he has been cursing and yelling at ass-wipe, wife #4, the parole officer and the cops. Oh, and he owes a bunch of drug dealers a lot of money because the fellow he was with that got arrested was a dealer and had a bunch of pot on him. So the pot was taken of course and the drug dealers above this drug dealer are holding Sonny Boy responsible for it and told him he has to deal to work off the debt. So that would be why he wants to come back here. Why the hell do I want this crazy shit on my doorstep? My life is so quiet and calm when one of my kids isn’t screwing it up with their damned drama. I don’t like drama. I go to great lengths to avoid drama. I don’t know what I am going to do about this. Either way it is a bad situation.

Oh, and remember how ass-wipe was going to Iraq? They sent him back! Seems that they found him to be a security threat and would not be allowed on the bases BECAUSE he has a drug arrest on his record! I had no idea. Like father like son? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree? Hmmm….

I think I will be drinking heavily tonight. As it was I had a beer at lunchtime. I think I will switch to something a little stronger for dinner. Rum and Coke anyone?
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:10 PM | Permalink |