Saturday, March 19, 2005
The Soul Food That Kicked My Ass


I really did it last night. Three pieces of fried catfish, 2 helpings of collard greens, 2 helpings of fried corn, two helpings of macaroni and cheese, 3 hoecakes all washed down by a huge glass of sweet tea. I thought I would burst. Instead of calling it Soul Food, they should call it Belly Food because it sure made my belly about 3 sizes larger. In the car on the way to Half Price Books I started getting a pancreas attack. I took some phenergan (makes you stop vomiting) and some nexium, but by the time we got to the book store I was vomiting. I don’t plan on eating soul food for a long time now. That did it for me. A good thing I took some pictures of the food we ate last night. Makes for a fitting tribute to my last plate of soul food.



I am sore and stiff today. I slept on the sofa in the family room last night. It was late, I was tired, I went to bed. G-man was still up and got a little miffed I think, because I didn’t stay up with him. So he keeps hollering up the stairs about how funny the South Park episode is that he is watching. I just ignored him as I was trying to sleep. Then he and the dog come in the bedroom to go to bed. Of course he turn on the bedroom light. Of course he is trying to engage me in conversation while I am trying to go to sleep. The dog is stinking so bad I thought I would puke again. And I was vocal about how bad the dog was stinking. So he gets a can of air freshener and sprays the dog down and sprays the whole room. That was worse than smelling the damned dog! So I went downstairs in search of fresh air. I told him I was going to sleep on the couch since I couldn’t get any sleep in the bedroom because of him and his dog. Sometime later (I don’t know how much later because I was asleep), I awake with a start. You know how you get the feeling that someone is in the room with you? So I say, “who’s there”? It was just G-man. He wanted to let me know that the smell had cleared and would I come back to bed now. I was really pissed now. You wake me up out of a sound sleep? Oh hell no! So I stayed on the couch. I have a hard enough time getting to sleep, so when I do finally get to sleep don’t mess with me. And damned sure don’t wake me up!

Last night when I was in the bathroom at Half Price Books, I realized how little privacy you actually have in that particular bathroom. I was so amazed by it that I took a picture. There is a 2 inch gap between the door to the stalls and the stall wall. I’ll post a picture below so you can see what I mean. So anyone walking into the bathroom can easily see what you are doing in that stall. I guess the moral is, don’t do anything you wouldn’t want your mother to see.



It is rained this morning. That ticks me off because we were going to wash all of the cars today. They certainly need it. But that is out because of the rain. The rain has stopped for the moment but it is supposed to rain on and off all day. So now I have to think up something else to do. I suppose I could finish my packing. I could work on the skin I am creating for my blog. I could (gasp) clean. Or I could go shopping. Now that sounds like a plan. Shopping it is! G-man did ask if I need anything else for my upcoming trip. I think a new shirt which suit me fine. And after he kept me awake last night a new shirt is probably owed, don’t you think?!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:02 PM | Permalink |