
It’s St Patty’s Day. I don’t normally celebrate this day since the first husband was Irish. But the G Bear has requested corned beef and cabbage for dinner today so I guess we are celebrating St Patty’s Day in some small way at least. And what G-Bear wants, G-Bear gets. Never mind the fact that I detest corned beef and cabbage and I don’t really know how to cook it. Then there is the God-awful smell that permeates the house while the stuff is cooking. And then there is the God-awful smell that permeates the house AFTER G-man eats it. The things we do for the ones we love.
Number of days my Holy Roller Faith Healer neighbor’s outside lights have been on? Two. They left for Jamaica (on missionary work) two days ago in the early hours of the morning. Their lazy out of work, out of school, 20-year-old son is left at home to guard the house while they are gone. He is either too stoned to notice that the outside lights are on, or else too stoned to care. I’d venture to bet that the outside lights stay on the entire time they are gone. Deb (the self-proclaimed faith healer) tells me that she is mad at the neighbor next door to her and won’t speak to him anymore. Why? He had the nerve to accuse her son of smoking. She knows he is lying because her son went to a Christian school and would never smoke. He is a Christian boy and would never stoop to such a sin as smoking. I should take a picture of him smoking. Wouldn’t be hard to do since he stands by the corner of the garage every 30 minutes or so to have a smoke. He’s been doing that for about 6 years now. Denial is everything.




